Loyale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Top posters
Zeldamatt (218)
Mr Originall's PvM guide =D TestkeMr Originall's PvM guide =D Trail2Mr Originall's PvM guide =D Rightkg 
2D7 (190)
Mr Originall's PvM guide =D TestkeMr Originall's PvM guide =D Trail2Mr Originall's PvM guide =D Rightkg 
One Century (182)
DELETED (173)
Prazo (171)
WhiteFlowers (169)
Fantasy Lost (146)
Real Cheese (142)
Loyale (142)
CPX-R (140)

Mr Originall's PvM guide =D

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Originall
Forums Initiate
Forums Initiate

Mr Originall's PvM guide =D Empty
PostSubject: Mr Originall's PvM guide =D   Mr Originall's PvM guide =D Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Hey everyone, so I decided to make a guide which will show various ways to make money through Boss Hunting!

PvM is often considered an O.K. way to make Cash. However it is an excellent way for all levels!

NOTE: I have realized that training Range helps make more money than melee does in the LONG RUN!

Guides:

Levels 3-70: These levels are the hardest to train in my opinion From these levels you're main goal should be just to get fixed on whether you want to range+train defence or do only melee. Of course a good PvM'er trains everything but for now, choosing one path is the best option. In order to train these levels, the best choice would be to train Slayer and complete the quest Wolf Whistle ASAP! Collect your charms because you'll definately need them later!
Slayer is the best option at these levels not only because of the XP and the occasional money drops, but because you will collect charms at the same time.

Levels 70+: At this level you can do a few more things! One good way for money at these levels can be killing chromatic dragons. E.G. Green Dragons are a very popular choice. These can provide upwards to 100-200K cash p/h at those levels! Another option are hill giants which drop big bones but are less GP/hour.
Slayer is always an option. You could practically continue slaying until max combat and make a gradual increase to profit, although I did not do that.
At these levels, it is important to begin making money to save for herblore/prayer/summoning/and gear!
Back to top Go down
Mr Originall
Forums Initiate
Forums Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Mr Originall's PvM guide =D   Mr Originall's PvM guide =D Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Levels 100+: Once you are level 100 you can now do blue/red/green dragons more efficiently. You can make upwards to 400K cash an hour. By now hopefully, you would have a Bull Ant at the very least to assist in holding mroe bones for money.

Another option at these levels is Rev Hunting! Although you can occasionally get PK'd, you won't lose much seeing as it is recommended to bring only the best available Dragon hide armor. Revanents have a more "unique" drops. By that I mean they do not drop a specific item like dragons do all the time. Dragons provide a steady income. However, Revanents fluctuate much more. Their drops range from a few thousand to tens of millions! They are also more luck based. They can be found in the forinthry dungeon!

Another option is also the Giant Mole. You can get together with a few friends and hunt the Giant Mole for it's skin and claws! This can be a steady amount of income as well.
Back to top Go down
Mr Originall
Forums Initiate
Forums Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Mr Originall's PvM guide =D   Mr Originall's PvM guide =D Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Levels 120-138: These levels have a LOT going on now. At these levels, you SHOULD have 67/79 Summoning as well as at least 70 prayer. In this section I will tell you how to start from only a 100K bank to a bank worth Billions!

A good PVM player's stats look like the following:
90+ Strength
90+ Attack
90+ Defence
95+ Range (Especially important)
90+ Magic (For Magic Defence)
88+ Summoning
91+ Herblore
95+ Prayer

It's ok if you don't have these stats yet. I'll show you how to get those in this section!

The MAIN path of making cash should be the following:

Frosts/TD's/Glacors/Armadyl,Bandos -----> NEX

Now, for those of you who can say "I have terrible luck!" (Like me), then Frosts may be your best bet. They can be 2-3M cash an hour which may fluctuate with a rare visage here and there but for the msot part they stay the same.

Frosts:
80+ Attack/Strength
Use a Chaotic Rapier/Crossbow
With Tort can be upwards to 2.4M/hr
With Yak can be upwards to 3.1M/hr

Another good option is completing the While Guthix Sleeps quest (Comes with a 400K xp reward! Helpful for leveling Summoning up a few levels!) and going to TD's.

TD's:
80+ Strength/Attack and either 80+Mage or 80+ Range

They drop Dragon Claws which are worth around 13M-15M and have an AVERAGE Drop rate of about 1/200. Seeing as 20-40 can be killed an hour, an average would be 30. It would take approximately 7 hours to get a Claw Drop meaning you would make about 2M an hour. (Or about 66K per kill)
Back to top Go down
Mr Originall
Forums Initiate
Forums Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Mr Originall's PvM guide =D   Mr Originall's PvM guide =D Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:53 pm

Glacors:
95+ Magic

These guys are erratic! They drop boots worth 9M, 21M and 45M! They also drop Shards which can be grinded and sold making each shard worth about 210K at the current time. However, I know of people who have gone 1000 kills without any boots (such as myself) and other who have gotten 5 boots in under 600 kills!
Nonetheless, these require the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest for attacking them and they also drop GREAT charms which can be used for 88 summoning. Despite the cost of the runes, the shards always allow you to profit a tiny bit as long as overly expensive methods are not utilized.

Now, for the others, (Bandos, and Armadyl), it would be recommended going in teams to kill the bosses.

A Useful Hint! -=-=-= OVERLOADS ARE IMPORTANT! These little things help EVERYTHING! Not only do they provide a maximum boost for 5 minutes, but they also allow you to use Saradomin Brews! BRews lower your stats every time you drink a dose, but OVL's (overloads), reapply the boost every 15 seconds! A full inventory of rocktails heals about 6440 HP while a full ivnentory of BREWS heals 17920! With the new addition of Flasks, it would heal even more! Brews+Ovl's are the key to camping at any GWD for a long time!

For all GWD teams, use the TEAMWORK forum to find a team, not the MONSTERS forum! (Or simply join a PvM clan )

Bandos:
90+ Str Att Def HP Mage
Turmoil/Piety
Overloads/Extremes/Supers
Divine/Elysian/Chaotic Kiteshield
Chaotic Longsword/Rapier

At Bandos, a good soloer can average about ~2-4M an hour. (That's with max gear). A duo team works great as well however, it can take a REALLY long time to find an empty lootshare world. This is why I don't prefer Bandos anymroe unless I can solo it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Originall
Forums Initiate
Forums Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Mr Originall's PvM guide =D   Mr Originall's PvM guide =D Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:53 pm

Armadyl:
90+ Range/mage/def
Chaotic Crossbow/rune crossbow
EEK/Spectral.

Armadyl can take a while longer to find a team. And if you get the killcount, which takes some time, and get crashed afterwards, you will not be very happy!
The drops here are less common than at other GWD Bosses. (Order from msot frequent--->least frequent is the following: Nex/Zamorak/Saradomin/Bandos/ Armadyl

However, Armadyl can be a fun choice for people.

Another option for high levelled players is CORP. However, I don't discuss this much since it is very random and I would not reply on it as a primary source of income!

Basically, the main goal from everything you have done so far is to achieve Overloads as well as Turmoil (optional for the next part) and a Unicorn+.
Back to top Go down
whalee hawk
Forums Fanatic
Forums Fanatic
whalee hawk

wow thanks man
Back to top Go down
Mr Originall
Forums Initiate
Forums Initiate

This is the final part! this is how you can transform a simple bank of 10M/40M to a bank worth Billions!

Bank: There are two kind of Nex Teams. Mass and PRO. Mass's are teams with 10+ people. These generally have lower requirements such as the following.
Full Armadyl OR Void w.deflector and Armadyl Chestplate
Fury
CCB
90+Range defence
88+summoning
Overloads

These teams should be used to familiarize yourself with Nex and how to hunt it!

The Pro teams on the other hand have these requirements:

At LEAST one pernix item.
96+Summoning
99 Range
95+Defense
Overloads
Dragon Claws
CCB+Rigour

If you have a very small bank, you can join a mass with void and borrow a friend's Armadyl Chestplate.

If you have a slightly larger bank, you can Armadyl in a mass (Since Nex attacks the person with the lowest defence bonuses, you won't tnak much anymore).

However, in a general 6-10 man team, every Nex kill takes about 5-7 minutes! Each kills is worth about 1.2M to every player on the team over a 10 hour time frame. Basically, this means that every time you kill Nex, you are making 1.2M on average.

Nex has a drop rate of ONLY 1/35-1/39!!! This is extremely good! Even in masses, you can get splits reaching near 70M! Nex is about 16-20M an hour but can be nearing towards 30M cash an hour with an expert team.

Well, that's it for my guide. It's not that good because I wrote it in a hurry (have to go to school!) So i'll add on to it more later on! If you have any questions on what would be the best path for you to take from where you currently are, PM me or leave a reply here!

Good luck fellow PvMers!

Last edited by Mr Originall on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Originall
Forums Initiate
Forums Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Mr Originall's PvM guide =D   Mr Originall's PvM guide =D Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Well, someone posted right in the middle while i was making it but that's fine lol :p This was done in a bit of a haste and prices go up and down so be wary!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr Originall's PvM guide =D   Mr Originall's PvM guide =D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mr Originall's PvM guide =D
Page 1 of 1